Dr. Liu has twenty-three years of experience in Acupuncture and Chinese Herbal Medicine, and she has published a dozen professional articles. Her clinical practice has focused on the treatment of pain, depression, anxiety, digestive system disorders, diabetes, hypertension, women’s health (infertility, dysmenorrhea, and menopause), post-stroke sequelae, and weight control.
Education, Experience & Training
- Received her Doctor of Medicine degree from Shandong University of Traditional Chinese Medicine in 1992.
- Received her Master’s degree in Combined Eastern and Western Medicine in 1997 from Beijing University of Traditional Chinese Medicine (BUTCM), the world’s top university in traditional Chinese medicine.
- Worked as a physician at China-Japan Friendship Hospital in Beijing, which is one of China’s best hospitals and is particularly known for its combined Western and Chinese medical treatment of patients. While working at the hospital, Dr. Liu treated patients in the Department of TCM Cardiology and International Medicine.
- Worked at the Diabetes Research Center of the University of Southern California as a research associate
- Board-Certified Diplomate in Acupuncture from the National Certification Commission for Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine (NCCAOM).
- Certified by the Council of Colleges of Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine (CCAOM) in Clean Needle Technique
- Currently resides in Virginia where she practices Acupuncture and Chinese Herbal Medicine.
- State-licensed as Acupuncturist in Virginia and California.